A resource for learning and tinkering with Arduino

A resource for learning and tinkering with Arduino

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Add a Launcher to Crouton

So after I got Crouton up and running and then installing the Arduino IDE the next thing I did was try and find a launcher installed to replace the lovely application launcher that comes in cinnamon. There are a few things you have to consider when looking at different launchers. Many of them require the use of the "Super" key or "Windows" key. If you haven't noticed yet Chromebooks don't have a super key so installing something like Gnome Do becomes troublesome since I couldn't figure out how to get it to accept another key to replace the super key. After trying a handful of options I found Kupfer to work quite well in crouton and to allow you to use the ctrl+space combination to open it quickly from the key board.

It's installation is pretty straightforward just open the terminal and type:
"sudo apt-get install kupfer"

Leave out the quotes. It will ask a few questions and then get to business. Just open it and set it up how you like. For me it works like a dream. If I've left out a step please let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment